We are Covestro. We are curious. We are courageous. We are colorful. We refined Chemical material solutions with game-changing products. Let us empower you to push boundaries. Join us and our 16,000 colleagues now and together we will MAKE the world a brighter place.
What we offer
The Covestro Trainee Program for Innovation will provide the scope to build up your knowledge and develop a strong network of personal contacts within different areas of our company, fostering a deep understanding on how these different areas are working together. With a personal mentor and extensive tailored development opportunities, we’ll prepare you for all the challenges that a career with Covestro offers.
During your 24-month rotational Trainee Program you will establish an international network for the specific umbrella topic, e.g. Sustainability, Digital/ Data Science, and Composites of your personalized program. In various regions, business units and functional groups, you will take on demanding tasks in Germany and abroad and get to know our exciting fields of business.
In several trainee rotations, each of 3-9 months, you will work on different projects surrounding the overarching umbrella topic of your rotational program.
- You will contribute or lead new, interdisciplinary projects and studies under the supervision of your mentor
- You will coordinate projects in close consultation with the internal functional groups
- Depending on the assignment and umbrella topic, the projects include the conception, implementation, evaluation and interpretation of business or technical information as well as the subsequent presentation of the developed content
- The flexibility of the Innovation Trainee Program gives you the opportunity to align your trainee rotations matching your professional interests and skills
- We have a portfolio of several umbrella topics around e.g. sustainability, digital/ data science, composites - the final decision for your potential future position will be taken on the assessment day
- For the topic of data science you have a background or special interest in digital, computational chemistry or R&D related data science projects
What you offer
- You have completed your science degree at an above-average grade and subsequently obtained a PhD in chemistry, polymer or materials science, physics, biotechnology or engineering
- Your profile shows experience from business-related, preferably international internships or projects abroad
- You already have first experience in the management of technical staff as well as in the guidance of master or PhD students, for example in the context of a PostDoc position
- Furthermore, you have an open and courageous personality with interest in technical solutions, general management and strategic thinking, with leadership ambition and potential
- You are a Team Player (m/f/d) with curiosity and a proven drive for change
- Enjoying beiing challenged with open questions and developing creative solutions belongs to your personality
- You also gladly accept responsibility throughout your job which may include your personal development
- You enjoy working in a highly interactive team and bring a high degree of mobility for international assignments within the Covestro Group
- Proficiency in English, preferably in German but not required, complete your profile
The assessment center will take place at the beginning of October 2018 and the planned starting date for the program is the first quarter of 2019.
Are you curious, courageous and colorful as we are? If so, we can offer you exciting career opportunities. We look forward to receiving your application including a cover letter, resume, and relevant certificates. Become part of our team-apply now!